Easter Egg Hunt 2016

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
SullaPikachu
Getting the hang of this...

Easter Egg Hunt 2016

Post by SullaPikachu »

As a celebration of Anime Boston and the coming of spring, I would like to dedicate this forum to easter eggs!
This idea was stolen from Katsucon, which takes place around Valentine's day and a lot of the members bring and give out valentines to show their appreciation for the convention and the people they meet!

Easter eggs will work in the same way! You bring your own plastic eggs filled with something nice (individually wrapped candy, inspirational messages, anything you think is appropriate!) and you can ether give them out to people that you meet, or hide them in plain sight around the convention.
HERE ARE A COUPLE OF BASE RULES YOU NEED TO FOLLOW for safety reasons!
1. You can give out eggs any three days of the convention, but you can ONLY HIDE EGGS ON SATURDAY.
2. The eggs are a symbol of the coming of spring and the celebrations of Anime Boston, please keep this tradition SECULAR (aka non-religious). Please be respectful of everyone's unique religious beliefs.
3. If you see that one of your eggs has not been discovered by the end of the day, please take it with you! We don't want to litter!

These rules are based on concerns brought up last year, I will address each one below with experience from egg hiding last year:

1. "The Hynes is cleaned every night. So if you don't regather any that weren't found before the Hynes closes for the night, they'll likely be swept up & trashed by the janitorial staff."

Very good point. Because of this, I suggest if you want to hide Easter eggs do it ON SATURDAY! It is the busiest day and if you leave the egg in plain sight someone will find it within seconds.

2. "I don't think hiding things around the Hynes is a good idea for security reasons. :-/ Suspicious items can cause trouble, even if they are harmless."

I was worried about this too, especially with bag checks! I recommend only carrying a handfull of easter eggs through the bag check at any given time. Last year I gave each of my friends about five and asked them to spread the eggs as well. I had no problem with security and my friends had a lot of fun giving them out!
On the issue of security, please use good judgement when choosing what to put in the eggs. Nothing that would be a safety risk or inappropriate!! We don't want easter eggs to be banned! I put little paper cranes in my eggs last year. If security becomes an issue we will not be able to do this again.

If you have any questions or concerns I will be happy to address them! Happy hunting! ^u^
AB 2013: N Harmonia
AB 2014: Minun
AB 2015: Pikachu
AB 2016: Daria + Jane Crocker
AB 2017: Sheeta
coffeecake
Veteran Poster

Re: Easter Egg Hunt 2016

Post by coffeecake »

I handed out eggs last year and plan on it this year as well (someone even asked if I was the Easter bunny haha).
Anime Boston 2024:
Forest Minish (Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap)
damandav

Post by damandav »

I might pick up some eggs and put some extra shopkins(if people show interest) I have in them.
SullaPikachu

Post by SullaPikachu »

almightycows wrote:I handed out eggs last year and plan on it this year as well (someone even asked if I was the Easter bunny haha).
Audino is such a cute pokemon to hand out eggs in~ I am not surprised someone mistook you for the Easter bunny!
So happy you are getting into the Anime Boston spirit! 5 more days till the con! :D
SullaPikachu

Post by SullaPikachu »

damandav wrote:I might pick up some eggs and put some extra shopkins(if people show interest) I have in them.
That sounds like a lovely idea!~