Formal Ball tix?

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
scarly
I'm new!

Formal Ball tix?

Post by scarly »

Hi! So I want to register for the Formal Ball, and I noticed that the link for ticket registration isn't working? It says the server is undergoing maintenance, but does this mean the tickets are sold out? I'd really love to get one!

Thanks!!
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Re: Formal Ball tix?

Post by Nemra »

Tickets are indeed sold out for online purchases (but that has nothing to do with the error you got)

they're only available at the con now on Friday an hour before the "Formal Dance Lesson". Emphasis on the lesson part because some people can miss that bit ^_^
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

scarly
I'm new!

Post by scarly »

Nemra wrote:Tickets are indeed sold out for online purchases (but that has nothing to do with the error you got)

they're only available at the con now on Friday an hour before the "Formal Dance Lesson". Emphasis on the lesson part because some people can miss that bit ^_^
Ah, that's unfortunate. I'll try to get some at the con then - may I ask how fast they typically sell out? :)
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

now that, i do not know so we'll have to wait for someone else on the formal ball staff to answer :)
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

Tickets sell out within an hour, usually. Your best bet for getting a ticket is to get on line when they first go on sale. Most of the time, and this is no guarantee, everyone in the initial line is able to purchase a ticket. However, I have seen years where we had to disperse the line because we sold out early, as well as years where we had extra tickets well after the dance lesson ended. I cannot predict the behavior of our attendees, so I strongly suggest getting in line as soon as you can, to maximize your chances for a ticket.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
Pint_Sized25
Expert Poster

Post by Pint_Sized25 »

Miyu chan wrote:Tickets sell out within an hour, usually. Your best bet for getting a ticket is to get on line when they first go on sale. Most of the time, and this is no guarantee, everyone in the initial line is able to purchase a ticket. However, I have seen years where we had to disperse the line because we sold out early, as well as years where we had extra tickets well after the dance lesson ended. I cannot predict the behavior of our attendees, so I strongly suggest getting in line as soon as you can, to maximize your chances for a ticket.
I have a feeling the answer to my question will be no, but just in case...
i know it said somewhere only one person may purchase a ticket before the dance lessons, but myself and my husband will be at rehearsal for the death match at the time lining up to purchase tickets would be happening. Is it allowed to have a friend purchase our tickets under special circumstances like this or no?
Again, the worst answer I can get is no. But id love to have the chance to go except everything lined up not in my favor this year >.<
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

Pint_Sized25 wrote:Is it allowed to have a friend purchase our tickets under special circumstances like this or no?
You may have two friends purchase tickets for you. The tickets are not coded to a specific badge name, but they are still only available one for every warm body in line to purchase them. So one friend will not be able to buy multiple tickets.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009