How to get concert tickets?

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
murasakimurasaki
I'm new!

How to get concert tickets?

Post by murasakimurasaki »

Is there a way to buy tickets in advance for the ALI PROJECT concert on Friday, or some other way to guarantee you can get in? Is it possible to get a ticket to the concert without getting a ticket to the convention itself, or do you have to have both? I've never been to a concert at a convention before, so any info from people who know what it's like would be helpful.
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Re: How to get concert tickets?

Post by Nemra »

The tickets for the concert are completely free and guarantee that you have a seat within the concert. The tickets do not guarantee where you are seated, only that you have a guaranteed spot somewhere in the room.

You technically don't need a ticket to get into the concert if there is still space, and after years of doing AB, I have never seen anyone get denied entry because it was completely full. However, you will be denied entry if you stand in line and don't have a ticket to allow those that do.

But yes, you do need a convention badge in order to access the concert.
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

murasakimurasaki
I'm new!

Thank you! That all makes sense.
murasakimurasaki
I'm new!

Do you pick up tickets at the convention itself, or can you reserve them in advance?
Nemra
AB Asst Director

Post by Nemra »

if you mean a convention badge, you can either get one at the door or online on our website.

if you mean the tickets to the concert, those can only be picked up during the convention
Nabil Samuel

Assistant Director of PR

Old_School_Anime_Lover02
Committed Poster

Post by Old_School_Anime_Lover02 »

Nemra wrote:The tickets for the concert are completely free and guarantee that you have a seat within the concert. The tickets do not guarantee where you are seated, only that you have a guaranteed spot somewhere in the room.

You technically don't need a ticket to get into the concert if there is still space, and after years of doing AB, I have never seen anyone get denied entry because it was completely full. However, you will be denied entry if you stand in line and don't have a ticket to allow those that do.

But yes, you do need a convention badge in order to access the concert.
tickets usually happen right as the convention opens on Friday (or the day of the concert) and i got in the front row of the Lisa concert...I got mosh pit front row and everything (With the use of the special little ticket) but you should make sure your in line right as they allow the line to be started up, (or stay in that area before hand) i just so happened to be sitting in that said spot at the right place and time....

but yes always get little red tickets, they're very useful and grant you acess to stuff.
cosplays i have complete:
Rocket Member (myself as a team rocket member)
Yurio (yuri on ice)
Rinku (yu yu hakusho
Magi (aladdin Magnoshetot)

I am only so nice once your mean to me i will ignore you and pretend you don't exist: childish but effective
Mitsukii13
I'm new!

Post by Mitsukii13 »

Are you allowed to get tickets for other people if they are not there yet? Or is it a one per person thing?