AB2016 Game Show Programming

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
PatrickD
AB Staff

AB2016 Game Show Programming

Post by PatrickD »

Anime Boston's Dance Duo Competition
So you think you can dance? Show us your moves! Pairs of dancers will compete and show off for the judges. Think you can be crowned the best of Anime Boston?

Anime Charades
As the name implies, it's charades...with an anime twist. Teams compete to see who can guess more people, places, or things. Will you pick an easy one or will you challenge yourself for more points? If you don't know what charades is, um, wow. You should Google that.

Anime Taboo
Can you describe your favorite anime character or show to your friends? Fantastic! Can you get your teammates to guess the topic without saying five taboo words? It's harder than it seems! Bring your team to compete and defeat all others!

Anime Unscripted
Anime Unscripted is the hit improv comedy event that has been held at every Anime Boston. Watch as quick-witted guests take on the challenging games provided by your hosts, PatrickD and Jekka. Of course, there's audience participation too, so you might get to be part of the show!

B... I... N... G... O No He Didn't
Are you old at heart? Finally an Anime Boston event that's more your speed. This is BINGO. No frills. No chills. All spills. Part of our Experimental Game Show programming.

Know Your Meme Again!
Know Your Memes, you say? Well prove it! Show everyone else at Anime Boston that you are the King of the Internet by naming the memes! Think you have what it takes? This game involves the entire room, so you better be on your A game!

Pictionary: The Sketch Awakens
Laugh yourself sick as someone fails to draw something as simple as Pokemon... while someone else manages to paint a brilliant masterpiece that successfully portrays the sadness we all feel when confronted with the conundrum that is Neon Genesis Evangelion. Pictionary, guys. Make draw, guess thing, win.

Tokyo Turf Wars
Upon arrival, you will be sorted into one of two groups. Which group will win? Trivia, physical challenges, wacky games, and more. Do you know your Japanimation? PROVE IT! An all-ages, all out war of the masses where only one side can be victorious!
Tokyo Turf Wars: Year Five... Will the underdog ever win?

Trivia For All
Join us for Trivia For All, the game show where EVERYONE gets to play! Developed by the hosts of AnimeCons TV and based on popular pub trivia games, teams of 1 to 6 players will compete in multiple rounds to see who knows the most about the world of anime. Make sure you arrive early, because we can only accept the first 30 teams! Yes, that means there could be up to 180 people! This game is massive and 90 minutes of fun!

Cards Against Boston (18+)
Apples to Apples meets Cards Against Humanity meets Anime Boston meets a potty mouth. 18+ because we're sick, sad people. Everyone who arrives on time gets to play. Bring all of your awful.

Extreme Geek (18+)
Do you like a good time, and the internet? Are you up with the current fads and trends? Do you have a horrific lack of shame? Do you dare be the very best? Extreme Geek is waiting for you. There will be teams, and there will be an audience team. That means if you come, you're in. Trivia! Physical challenges! Random crap! Nicolas Cage?! Hilarity! Just please, please, don't do the food challenge. We are not kidding. EXTREME GEEK 2016: It's a thing. 18+ for reals!
Last edited by PatrickD on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Sayoria
AB Staff

Re: AB2015 Game Show Programming

Post by Sayoria »

I take it Hyakunin Kuizu is permanently gone, huh?

Anywho, can any of these be signed up for before the con? Would love to take part in something this year with my friends.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
PatrickD
AB Staff

Re: AB2015 Game Show Programming

Post by PatrickD »

Yukito Kunisaki wrote:I take it Hyakunin Kuizu is permanently gone, huh?
We talk about bringing it back every year, but we feel that the Cosplay Family Feud run by our friends in the Cosplay Game Shows department is a good fit for people who want to see that kind of show.

Besides, surveying 100 people with 30 to 40 questions is tough! We only needed 20 surveys, but we'd have to throw out a lot because responses were either too similar (like asking "Who's your favorite Pokemon?" and getting 99% Pikachu) or too diverse (like asking "Name a cute anime girl.").

We're doing 11 game shows this year. That's one more than last year. "Anime Boston's Dance Duo Competition" and "B... I... N... G... O No He Didn't" are new ones we're trying. I had an idea for another awesome new show I want to run, but didn't want to stretch myself too thin. Maybe in 2017.
Yukito Kunisaki wrote:Anywho, can any of these be signed up for before the con? Would love to take part in something this year with my friends.
Nope. When we've tried that in the past, we've had very high no-show rates. It's easier to just recruit people who are there.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List