Extreme Hide 'n' seek

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
Laser Boy
Expert Poster

Extreme Hide 'n' seek

Post by Laser Boy »

I tried starting one of these last year, but got overwhelmed and cancelled it. This year I'd like to actually get a game of extreme hide 'n' seek started. Once the date and time are decided, we should meet up in the cafeteria(unless anyone has a better idea for a meeting place) there we'll get acquainted, and possibly assign targets for seekers.
Rules:
-the game lasts for one hour, or until all hiders have been found(bring a timer to make sure)
-hiding places are limited to the first floor of the convention center(no hiding in the mall)
-all seekers and hiders must wear name-tags indicating whether they are a hider or seeker(I'll probably be able to supply these)
-no disguises(trying to hide behind a newspaper is fine)
Sakura-chan
Veteran Poster

Re: Extreme Hide 'n' seek

Post by Sakura-chan »

While this sounds like a ton of fun in theory and assuming everything goes well....What's preventing seekers from simply getting bored and walking off? I've played games of hide and seek at cons where this has happened and it really isn't any fun to sit there for half an hour, only to realize 80% of the players have gone and ditched the game.
'06: Sakura (Naruto)
'07: Sakura (Naruto)
'09: Hungary (Hetalia)
'13: Euphemia (Code Geass, for the Spirit Ball!), Rachel Alucard (Blazblue)
'16: Saber EXTRA (Fate/EXTRA), Rose Quartz (SU)
Faceman
AB Executive

Post by Faceman »

Another thing to please keep in mind is that there is absolutely no running allowed in the convention center.
Chris O'Connell
Director of Public Relations

Have a question? Private Message or Email me!
Laser Boy
Expert Poster

Post by Laser Boy »

Faceman wrote:Another thing to please keep in mind is that there is absolutely no running allowed in the convention center.
It's just hide and seek, not hide and seek tag, so as long as the seekers count for long enough, there shouldn't be a need to run.
Laser Boy
Expert Poster

Post by Laser Boy »

Sakura-chan wrote:While this sounds like a ton of fun in theory and assuming everything goes well....What's preventing seekers from simply getting bored and walking off? I've played games of hide and seek at cons where this has happened and it really isn't any fun to sit there for half an hour, only to realize 80% of the players have gone and ditched the game.
That is a very good point, I'm not sure how we would keep them from abandoning the game.
RapaxGuardian
Obsessed Poster

Post by RapaxGuardian »

I wanted to participate last year! I'd love to play! :D
AB '10: The Sorrow (MGS3)
AB '11: Vamp (MGS2)
AB '12: Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2) & Major Raikov (MGS3)
AB '13: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Meryl Silverburgh (MGS1) & Sae Kurosawa (Fatal Frame 2)
AB '14: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), Olga Gurlukovich(MGS2)
AB '15: The Ice Queen (Adventure Time), The Sorrow (MGS3), Callie Ohpeee (Homestuck)
momotaros
Getting the hang of this...

Post by momotaros »

Let me know when and where. People can't ide from me nor find me all that easily, even when I make myself stand out.
'13: Momotaros/Urataros/Ryataros/Nogami (Kamen Rider Den-O)
'14: Spartan Soldier.
writesinwhite

Post by writesinwhite »

Sounds fun! I participated in an event like this at portconmaine last year. I hid under a water station table haha.
ClockworkCat
Experienced Poster

Post by ClockworkCat »

What about manhunt? That's like a h4dc0re version of hide and seek.
momotaros

Post by momotaros »

ClockworkCat wrote:What about manhunt? That's like a h4dc0re version of hide and seek.
I'm all for it man. Instead of capturing them, we simply "kill" them. Set up two or three teams and see what happens. :twisted:
'13: Momotaros/Urataros/Ryataros/Nogami (Kamen Rider Den-O)
'14: Spartan Soldier.
KawaiiPanda
Experienced Poster

Post by KawaiiPanda »

i'd like to participate if i can:D it sounds really cool haha i'd never abandon it:P
Anime Boston 2013
Mizore Shirayuki
Misaki Mei

Anime Boston 2014
Tsukiko TsuTsukakushi
Mizore shirayuki
Misaki Mei

Anime boston 2015
mikasa ackerman
Mizore shirayuki

Anime boston 2016
Ruby
Laser Boy
Expert Poster

Post by Laser Boy »

I'm thinking of doing one game per day around noon.
Mama Undertaker
Dedicated Poster

Post by Mama Undertaker »

A fun way to play can be the scavenger hunt mixed with catch the barrel.
Pick a starting place every one gets 3 ribbons. Have the game start like 30mins after the starting place to make sure everyone understands the rules. And so they have time to disperse and disappear in to the crowd before they have to find each other. When they do they rock paper scissors. The person who wins gets a ribbon. Now their was to be a 5 minutes cool down so those two can disappear in to the crowd once more. Pick a time and location for the end of the day to count the ribbons to see who won.

You pick the color and pattern. Only thing is participant have to wear the ribbons on a visible spot like they do with their badges.

also if you have no more ribbons your out, and the more you get the longer you get to play.
Anime Boston 2014 Booya peoples I am coming back!! I have for my Line up Captain James Kidd (AC4) Queen Undertaker and regular Undertaker (black butler, Raichu (pokemon)
jady107
I'm new!

Post by jady107 »

I enjoy the Undertaker's idea!
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

I like the idea but I agree with some others. We need to know who plays so we don't have anyone ditching the game half way through. Man hunt also sounds like a great idea but we have to remember no running.
Anime Boston 2018
Female Rakan, League of Legends

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'16 P.P Draven, French Maid Draven
'15 Ahri
'14 Yin, Headmistress Fiora
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'12 Ronald Knox, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
ThatKiddIkumi

Post by ThatKiddIkumi »

I'll play if it's man hunt. Like a late night C.O.D. style type manhunt with a hint of anime/cosplay.
or if we get alot of player like a team version... damn i really like this idea.
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Thinking of man hunt made me think of something at night. Would it be better to have it at night rather then during the day? We could have it during the night of the dance so if anyone was going to go there they'd be able to leave right after it's finished maybe 11:30 pm (since the dance's at midnight usually). And people don't have to worry about panels (unless they're going to late night ones) or photo shoots. Just a thought~
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Fetch
Show-off

Post by Fetch »

KingdomheartsXion wrote:Thinking of man hunt made me think of something at night. Would it be better to have it at night rather then during the day? We could have it during the night of the dance so if anyone was going to go there they'd be able to leave right after it's finished maybe 11:30 pm (since the dance's at midnight usually). And people don't have to worry about panels (unless they're going to late night ones) or photo shoots. Just a thought~
The dances are off-site this year. And they are both on Saturday. No Friday Informal.
http://www.animeboston.com/news/article/407
Kasutieru
Determined Poster

Post by Kasutieru »

Fetch wrote:
KingdomheartsXion wrote:Thinking of man hunt made me think of something at night. Would it be better to have it at night rather then during the day? We could have it during the night of the dance so if anyone was going to go there they'd be able to leave right after it's finished maybe 11:30 pm (since the dance's at midnight usually). And people don't have to worry about panels (unless they're going to late night ones) or photo shoots. Just a thought~
The dances are off-site this year. And they are both on Saturday. No Friday Informal.
http://www.animeboston.com/news/article/407
The site keeps changing the word I want to say because of the word filter to dance but I understand about the dance change :3 So maybe we could have it Friday night since there's nothing that'll be going on except a few late night panels (or none)
Anime Boston 2018

Past Cosplays
'17 P.P Draven
'15 Ahri
'13 Cynthia, Fem Shizuo
'11 Kikyo, Cynthia
Agent_k13
I'm new!

Post by Agent_k13 »

Omg this seems fun! Is it an AB run thing..or con attendee thing :)
I know it says I just joined the forums etc. but ive been going to Anime Boston since 2007. I had a forum account along time ago..never really used it... forgot it and well..here I am again =]
So...
HELLO EVERYONE :))))) Im excited to see you all again soon!!!
lordofvt
AB Staff

Post by lordofvt »

This is from last year. Going to lock this topic.
Andrew Reckers
Schedule Coordinator 2021-2022
Director of Programming 2015-2020