Formal Charity Dance Question

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
kotetsu_tatsumaki
I'm new!

Formal Charity Dance Question

Post by kotetsu_tatsumaki »

So I have seen thee page for the dress code for the formal charity dance. My question is how strict do the necessarily about it? I mean I have everything I would need (dress shirt, pants, shoes, and tie) except for a dress or suit jacket. Could I possibly get into the dance without a jacket? Has anyone else ever been turned away because of this?
LadyFae
AB Alumni

Re: Formal Charity Dance Question

Post by LadyFae »

Although I am not on the ballroom staff this year other than as an instructor, I can tell you the dress code IS enforced. So you will, indeed, get turned away for no jacket as the dress code says. I HIGHLY SUGGEST the following option for picking up a super cheap sport coat or suit jacket:

http://www.garment-district.com/

They're easily accessible by T and you should be able to get a coat for around 20 bucks!

Please don't be the sad panda who has to stand woefully outside the ball watching everyone else have fun! (or worse, the person who ruined their date's evening because they couldn't follow the rules) :D

Rebecca Irvin Lee
2012 Ballroom Dance Instructor and 21+ lounge host
Rebecca Irvin Lee, lady of many hats

Anime Boston Executive Team (GR, Relations, PR, GR) 2002-2008,2013-2016
AB Formal Co-Chair 2006-2009
Ballroom Dance Instructor 2008-2012
21+ Lounge coordinator 2010-2014
NEAS Board Member 2002-2003, 2011-2016
Miyu chan
AB Alumni

Post by Miyu chan »

People have been (and will be) turned away without jackets. I hate having to do this. Please don't make me; go find a jacket before the convention.
Amy Caluori
Formal Dance Coordinator 2010-2018
Press Liaison 2014-2015
Formal Dance Staff 2007-2009
InnocentBystander
Getting the hang of this...

Post by InnocentBystander »

what if the vest were to technically count as a jacket? Because i was considering cosplaying Shizuo from DRRR to the ball, and his vest has the same collar as a jacket. would i still be turned away? :T
Hopallee
AB Staff

Post by Hopallee »

Very formal vests as seen here: http://www.trendingfashion.net/wp-conte ... r-sale.jpg

with a tie and everyting else very formal will meet dress code. Leather biker vests? Not so much.
Hope McChesney
Assistant Director of Programming/ Formal Ball Co-Chair