Game Show - Extreme Geek (18+)

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Game Show - Extreme Geek (18+)

Post by PatrickD »

Anime Boston Game Show Staff is proud to announce the return of one of the most popular of the ten game shows we'll be hosting for Anime Boston's 10th year! We're bringing Extreme Geek to Anime Boston once again!

Extreme Geek
The fifth year of finding out who’s willing to yell the loudest, be the lewdest, and in general make the biggest fool of themselves. An 18+ game show of catastrophic awesome. There will be an abundance of group and audience participation: something for anyone who loves a little bit of looney immaturity. It’s full of amazing! (That’s what she said!)

Extreme Geek is a game show created and run by the staff of PortConMaine. It has been developed over years of immature jokes, internet memes, and bad movies. The game show itself is a mix of immature trivia, physical challenges, and various mini-games. There is plenty of audience interaction and team involvement. Extreme Geek: an experience not easily explained or forgotten.

Participation Info:
This game show will have multiple eight-member teams. Teams will be pre-selected from individual people waiting in line for the event who happen to fit into one of the many pre-determined team categories (such as "cosplayers", "bros", "sexy ladies", etc.)...and then the rest of the audience is another team as a whole. Out of fairness, priority for the eight-person teams will be given to those who haven't already participated in an Anime Boston 2012 game show.
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
reaper527
Determined Poster

Re: Game Show - Extreme Geek (18+)

Post by reaper527 »

this sounds amazing. are there any pics/video clips from this event in previous years? somehow i missed this in the two years that i've been to the con so far.
"Asking cosplayers to walk through a metal detector is like asking Axl Rose to take a drug test." -Bluebeard45
misskittehcat
Getting the hang of this...

Post by misskittehcat »

I really hope to be a part of this event this year. i would have a blast! :) i have been to things like this and they are awesome
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

I've heard of some of the stuff planned for this...and I can say that this year's Extreme Geek will be HUGE!
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
maggiemouse6464
Getting the hang of this...

Post by maggiemouse6464 »

Thanks for another amazing year of extreme geek!

You guys always come up with great ways the keep the audience involved with the voting last year and the twitter feed this year. I can't wait to see what you have in store for future extreme geeks!
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

I'm sad our special hashtag for Steve didn't start trending. I think it's because we started doing it during SNL and a few related to that popped up on the trending topics at about the same time we had started leaving our "love notes" for Steve.

I had carrots at lunch today. :twisted:

PS: Blue waffles.
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List