Charity Auction 2012

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Charity Auction 2012

Post by Jennachan »

Hi there!

We are in the midst of planning yet another wonderfully awesome charity auction but we would love your help! What kinds of items do you want to get your hands on? What is your all time favorite show? The more we know, the better stuff we can get that you guys want!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
okapirose
Determined Poster

Re: Charity Auction 2012

Post by okapirose »

I attended the Charity Auction in 2011 and I had a blast, winning two wonderful items and just in general enjoying an event at the con for once since I don't get away from my artist alley table much. If a table in the alley could be put up for bid again like last year that'd be great (the original reason I attended the auction in the first place).

At the very tip top of my search for merch is the Ergo Proxy pendant. http://www.amazon.com/Ergo-Proxy-Vincen ... B000U6HDCC

Its pretty much impossible to find since Geneon partially kicked the bucket but if someone wonderful put up to be auctioned, I'd bid on it in a heartbeat.

Hellsing, Ergo Proxy, Gankutsuou, Vampire Hunter D stuff as well, be it signed (preferably), or not.

I look forward to 2012's auction! :D
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

Charity Auction Listings are now live! Go ahead and check out some of the great things we will be offering this year!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
Majik
AB Staff

Post by Majik »

/toggle trollface on

HEY JENNA! Will there be PONIES? I know this is an anime convention, but really.. ponies? Yeah. I demand ponies!

/toggle trollface off
Charity Auction MC since forever
Panelist supreme - Will host ANYTHING <3
Artists' Alley - come visit MajikCraft and maybe buy something!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MajikCraft
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

majik wrote:/toggle trollface on

HEY JENNA! Will there be PONIES? I know this is an anime convention, but really.. ponies? Yeah. I demand ponies!

/toggle trollface off

I dunno Jodi, will there be?

Also, I sure hope so!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair
vulpixi_misa
Experienced Poster

Post by vulpixi_misa »

I love auctions! I'm really into Naruto right now, so anything fancy from that series. Or Pokemon. You can't go wrong with Pokemon.

I've never been to an auction here but I've done it at another con and I was wondering if you guys made a list of what you have before we do anything, because what if I wanted one thing but spent all my money on something that came before that. And, yeah, I hope it's gonna be a good auction. C8
Jennachan
Convention Chair

Post by Jennachan »

Vulpixi_Misa wrote:I love auctions! I'm really into Naruto right now, so anything fancy from that series. Or Pokemon. You can't go wrong with Pokemon.

I've never been to an auction here but I've done it at another con and I was wondering if you guys made a list of what you have before we do anything, because what if I wanted one thing but spent all my money on something that came before that. And, yeah, I hope it's gonna be a good auction. C8
Sure! We have a page in the events section where you can get a sneak peek of some items, but at our tables in the Dealers Room and Registration Room we will have a more comprehensive list!
~Jenna Leary~
Con Chair