AB2011 Game Show Feedback

This forum covers Anime Boston events that don't fit in the above forums, such as the charity auction, game shows, dances, and karaoke.
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

The Anime Boston Game Shows department, Jekka, Julie, Mick, Ryan, and I, would like to thank everyone who came to see the nine different game shows that we presented this year. We hope that everyone enjoyed watching them and that those that got the chance to participate also had fun and found them challenging.

We're already talking amongst ourselves about how to improve the game shows for next year and we'd love to hear feedback from both the audience and the participants.

For your reference, here are the game shows we ran at Anime Boston 2011:
Anime Charades
Anime Jeopardy
Anime Squares
Anime Unscripted
Extreme Geek
Hyakunin Kuizu (Family Feud)
Media Trivia
Pictionary
Trivia for All

Also, if you liked our events and used The Conventionist app, don't forget to give us a thumbs-up (and any other events, panels, or screenings you attended at the con!)
-Patrick Delahanty
Anime Boston North American Guest Liaison
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
AnimeCons.com | FanCons.com | The Chibi Project | Anime Unscripted™

View my Convention List
Sayoria
AB Staff

Post by Sayoria »

I attended Extreme Geek, Hyakunin Kuizu, and Anime Unscripted. Of course, I couldn't get into AU due to it being guest-related, but I tried for HK, missed out. The girl who was with us' boyfriend got in though. He was the Angry Bird. This was also my first year going to EG, mainly because I forget who, but someone on the boards said it was worth checking out. Funny moments, not bad, but I suppose I would have enjoyed it more had I taken part in it, or my group was there to enjoy it with me. Not the show's fault though, since I appeared late, and the show had no say in what my friends wanted to do. Outside of that, I enjoyed it very much.

Sad I missed pictionary though. =/
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff: 2024
coolforever
AB Alumni

Post by coolforever »

I only went to Trivia For All, but I had SUCH a fun time at that Panel. You guys did a GREAT job running it, and I had never been so excited in terms of playing an Anime-based game show. Our team was Polo is dead, and we came in 6th. I'll be sure to go back to it next year. :D

Mike Sweeney
Anime Boston Game Show Staff 2018 & 2019

Previous Anime Boston Badge Names:

AB 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011: Kiba. AB 2007: Shin'ichi Kudo. AB 2012: Kiba the Eurobeat Lover.
AB 2013: Kaitou Kid the Eurobeat Lover. Anime Boston 2014: Kaitou Kid the 80's J-Pop Lover.
AB 2015: Kaitou Kid the Sonic Fan. AB 2016: Kaitou Kid the Wolfman. AB 2017: Kaitou Kid the Rocketeer.

Wolf's Rain will always be my #1 favorite Anime of all time. :)
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=coolforever]I only went to Trivia For All, but I had SUCH a fun time at that Panel. You guys did a GREAT job running it, and I had never been so excited in terms of playing an Anime-based game show. Our team was Polo is dead, and we came in 6th. I'll be sure to go back to it next year. :D[/quote]
I'm glad to hear it! We're planning to bring this back next year and will request a longer time slot so that we won't have to cut one of the rounds for time. (At least I can re-use those questions.) ...and so we won't run over the time limit into my own panel. We'll also try to make the rules more clear (and put them on screen) to reduce the number of questions we get in the first round.
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
maggiemouse6464
Getting the hang of this...

Post by maggiemouse6464 »

Had a great time at all the game shows I went to this year!

Thanks for all the angry birds love! He was super excited he got to compete (Though I must say he was a little disappointed there wasn't time for the physical challenge in extreme geek)

You guys always do a great job running everything. I'm really looking forward to next year!
PatrickD
AB Staff

Post by PatrickD »

[quote=maggiemouse6464]Thanks for all the angry birds love! He was super excited he got to compete (Though I must say he was a little disappointed there wasn't time for the physical challenge in extreme geek)[/quote]
We just planned too much game for the time allotted. Better than planning too little. Maybe we'll get to do that challenge next year.

I'm glad you had fun!
-Patrick Delahanty

View my Convention List
Etherial_Silky
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Etherial_Silky »

I went to Anime Unscripted and Anime Squares and both were a blast as always. I'd defiantly like to attend both events again next year. ^-^
masterofplush
Determined Poster

Re: AB2011 Game Show Feedback

Post by masterofplush »

I participated in anime pictionary this year and it was a blast (team furry ftw). I also went the years previous and this is one of my favorite game shows!
Come check out our cute plushies and cool art at Fluffy Kitten Studios