Looking For A Few Good Gamers To Help Run Live Gaming At AB'10

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

Hey there,

I am doing an initial shout-out to see who is interested in helping out in Live Gaming at Anime Boston 2010. I am specifically looking for:

* DMs to run role-playing games. Any system is good, though D&D is most popular amongst gamers right now. I generally ask DMs to run four 4-hour "Adventure" events during the con, although we have started experimenting with 2-hour "Encounter" events – these could be the climactic scene of an adventure (a gang of thieves just about to sneak into the wizard's sanctum after bypassing most of his guards), or merely a short incident the players stumble into (a riddle in an ancient shrine, an ambush by bandits or a mission to track down the bandit's camp using an informer). As per last year, you can repeat sessions (i.e. run Adventure A twice for 8 hours total, Encounter B twice for 4 hours total, and Encounter C twice for 4 hours, for a grand total of 16 hours for the con).

* Experienced boardgamers to demo specific games and maybe to run tournaments

* Certified judges for either Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh or Naruto CCGs.

Here's how it works: anyone who puts in 16 hours of time at Live Gaming gets a free pass to the con and a bunk in the hotel. Folks who run 8 hours of events just get a con pass. Of course if you just want to run one or two games for no comp, well, that's ok too!

Live Gaming hours this year will be:

Friday: noon – 1am
Saturday: 10am- 1am
Sunday: 10am-4pm

If you are interested, please respond as soon as you can (and definitely by February 20th). Even if you don't know exactly what want to do, it's important to get word to me ASAP so I can wrangle registrations and bunks in the hotel.

Please email me at smoagendash(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject header "AB'10 Live Gaming Volunteer". PLEASE include the following:

* your name and current email address
* whether you are looking to be full-time (16 hours), part-time (8 hours), or no comp.
* the title and a short description (2-3 sentences long) of the event(s) you want to run. DMs, you don't need to fully design your events by 2/20/09, just submit the title, game system and description. If you want to demo board games, let me know which games.
* what times during the convention you would prefer to play.

Thanks, and see you at Anime Boston!
brighteyesblake
AB Alumni

Post by brighteyesblake »

Hi Tyler,

Question, do you know if the gaming schedule will be included in Anime Boston's schedule this year or will you have your own again? I see on the forum video games schedule, but what about table top, LARP, Boffing, cards... etc?

See you next week!
Best wishes,
Nikki^-^
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

Post by smoagendash »

I just posted the LG program guide at the top of the LG forum. Better late than never!
Synaizen
Veteran Poster

Post by Synaizen »

Hey Tyler, sorry, I didnt see this post until now :( Are the MTG games going to be type 1, 1.5, or 2? Regardless, if I'm stopping by, I'd gladly give you a hand with it if need be (I'm assuming that by now you have everything finished/ready :) )
GrimerB
I'm new!

Post by GrimerB »

Hey, Thanks for the notice, I will e-mail you not and see you later today :)