Anime Boston By Night 2010

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

This is for everyone not on the mailing list. If you want on E-mail me at Kendernwj@gmail.com or post here.

Just to let you know, things for AB10 plot wise are still in the air but here is what we've got brain stormed so far.

Plot as it stands

Last year among it's many victories the Sabbat was finally able to defeat the dreaded Camarilla Tremere in the city, routing them from their chantry. The next night though when the Cainites went back to reclaim their prize they found the building unenterable behind wards and traps once more. For the last year the building has been silent and empty, none able to enter, and no one seen leaving. That was until a couple of nights ago.

Now there are streamers and tents inside the confines of the upper floors, music and light drift over the city of Boston from the hidden brownstone. Laughter and cries can be heard on quiet nights and shadows can be seen flitting to and from the building, yet still none can gain enterence and none can be followed. Tonight the doors will fly open and reveal the carnival inside the fun house. A carnival that will be lead by the Sabbat.

Come one Come All to the Cainite Circus, in the spirit of true Sabbat tonight will be a night of fun and games, of horror and violence. Two Pricius have arrived and taken the Chantry as their temporary base to hold an evening of challenges and games, for reasons those of the city are not quite privy to. But who's going to argue with a Regent appointed member of the Sword of Caine, esspecially when they are offering such fun.

What we would like for you on the e-mail list(s)

So I am more than happy to include you all in as much plot as possible before the game, and write you deeper and deeper into the story as you see fit. What I need in return in simply commitment to come to the game at AB10 (obviously you don't have to do so right this second) and communication as we toss e-mails back and fourth. Over the next 10 months I not only have this game to plan, but also a game for Arisia (in Janurary, you should all come), a wedding and honeymoon for Nikki and I, as well as my normal work job and possibly a regular LARP to plan/run for next summer. What this means is that I will hopefully send out an e-mail once every other month till about Decemeber and then 1 every month after that. So there won't be too much commitment up front, but possibly some later. Not a heavy cost, but there will be some (besides your very souls of course...j/k...or am I).

The advantages for helping the game in this way are many. I've always said this in the AB+ forum, and now will personally offer it to all of you. Though we give an extensive list of characters to choose from, anyone is more then welcome to give me their own anime characters (or anime based characters) they would like to play and I will happily work with you on building the characters actual stats and ect. All I need is for you to write me an e-mail so that we can work together on it.

For those who want to play the same character as they did at AB09, all it takes is you telling me so, and for me to write it down. I will be freeing up all characters for play in AB10 to be signed up on a first come first serve basis. I do that so that no one feels obligated to play, and for those who don't come again, new players don't loose access to exciting characters to play. But if you are confident that you will be joining us, let me know and I will put your character aside for you :-)

For the Bishops, Ductus, Priests and those willing to take their spots. I'm basically going to give the most communicative and active people choice on their characters position in the city. So those of you who are currently Bishops, let me know and we will talk a bit more privately about what your character has been up to. For those who want more "pull" in the parts of the city you are interested in, let me know and we shall talk :-) I will/can not hold position for people who are not communicating with me during the off season because I can't let the plot hang one someone who may not show up.

Sorry for the really long e-mail but I figured I'd give you all, all the information I have so far. Please feel free to e-mail me any e-mails for anyone else who would be interested in joining and if there is enough traffic I'll look into starting a google group or something??

Thanks again, you all are awesome and we couldn't do it without you

Nick, Nikki and everyone else
midnight
Experienced Poster

Post by midnight »

how does this game work? i'm new and very intirgued.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

Thought it would be easier to answer this question by copy and pasting the last time I answered this question

The Larp we run in a Mind's Eye Theatre game which is a system published by White Wolf. A gaming company that writes and produces a large number of game settings.

We run their older system called Vampire the Masquerade. We use the system and it's meta-plot (The plot written by the game producers) to a point but the characters, which are premade by us, are all based on a number of anime characters across many different anime's. We take these characters and twist them so that they will fit in the World Of Darkness. (World of Darkness is what White Wolf calls their version of our world).

The game is completely and utterly NOT BOFFING. Everything that would require a roll of a die in a table top game is decided by Rock Paper Scissors (Which is awesome).

Basically the low down for the game we run at AB is you get to play one of your favorite anime characters as if they were a Vampire in the World of Darkness. So instead of sitting at a table saying Ash the Stampede walks into the room, his coat all billowing and guns drawn and yells "Everyone stick you hands up". You get to literally walk into a room and yell "Everyone stick your hands up!!" It's really a lot of fun.

We will be releasing more details on this years game hopefully staring in February, me and mine are running a Mage game (LAST) a Arisia so that is taking over all our time for now, but as soon as that's over I will be posting the surviving playable characters from last year and opening my e-mail to suggestions for new anime's to include this year. (Trigun is already on the list :-)

Well I hope that answers your question Kamama, as well as any else who had a question about Larp at AB (Does anyone know if there is a BESM Larp this year?)

Nick
Story Teller
Anime Boston By Night 09: Hunters Hunted
I r Legend
Expert Poster

Post by I r Legend »

I am very interested in this.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

I'm glad there is more interest on the boards this year. Will will try and post the up to date pack list and other details soon.

If you have any questions or requests let me know.

Also any new anime suggestions for characters would be great.

Nick
I r Legend
Expert Poster

Post by I r Legend »

do i have to cosplay to participate? I mean I do not have the funds to get a costume together.
kendernwj
AB Alumni

Post by kendernwj »

You do not have to Cosplay to participate. Characters are handed out on a first come first serve basis no matter what you happen to be wearing. On that note, all the Storytellers dress up (some more than others) and I do encourage people to dress the part, but we turn no one away.

So as long as you are wearing clothes, you can play.
brighteyesblake
AB Alumni

Post by brighteyesblake »

Larpers
Please see the when and where of Anime Boston 2010

Also, we've added a new Anime to the game!

Look forward to seeing some old faces, and a lot of new faces this year!

Nikki
Aka The Ring Master Princepessa