The Gundam Miniatures Game is Back!

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
BlackOpsElf
I'm new!

Post by BlackOpsElf »

Howdy, all! The turnout at last year's Gundam Miniatures Game was so good (I actually had to turn people away because I ran out of figures for players to use), I figured I'd run it again this year. Considering this year is the big 30th Anniversary of Gundam, I'm expecting a good turn out. Here's the proposal for the event that I've sent in to the live gaming organizers:

"Mobile Suit Gundam Miniatures Game: Calling All Heroes!

Charge your GN Drives, sharpen your Heat Hawks, and reload your Vulcan Cannons - it's time to prove that you are Boston's most skilled mobile suit pilot! The Gundam Miniatures Game returns to Anime Boston, so bring your own 1/200 or 1/144 Gundam model kit or figure, or choose from over a dozen of your favorite mobile suit designs from the past 30 years of Gundam history!"

I'm going to try to run three sessions: one Friday, one Saturday, and one Sunday.

As you might or might not remember, the Gundam Miniatures Game uses a highly simplified version of the CBT rules system, centering around the rules for Protomech vs. Protomech combat. It ran pretty flawlessly with 10+ players and one game master; this year, there will be two people on hand to run the game. Each game session will begin with a 15 minute tutorial of the rules system and character creation.

I also figured I'd post the current list of figures we're bringing, although people are more than welcome to bring their own or buy their mobile suit of choice in the dealers room:

RX-78-2 Gundam
RX-79 Gundam Ground Type
RX-93 Nu Gundam
RX-178 Gundam Mark II (two versions)
Zeta Gundam
Gundam F91
Char's Type 100
Char's Rick Dias
Char's Z'Gok
Char's Sazabi
various assorted Zakus
Geara Doga
Tieren Ground Type
Jegan
"The O"
Quelbey

Hope to see you folks there!

~Drew Berkowitz
HellCat
Expert Poster

Post by HellCat »

BlackOpsElf what is The Gundam Minatures Game?
marcus81884
Veteran Poster

Post by marcus81884 »

yea i want to know more about it too i was not there lest year but i want to know
BlackOpsElf
I'm new!

Post by BlackOpsElf »

Unfortunately, I just learned that, due to a graduate school commitment, I will most likely not be able to run this event this year. I will be talking to the live gaming coordinators and offering to give them the materials necessary for someone else to run the event; my apologies, but as I said, I just learned that I will most likely not be able to attend AnimeBoston. :(

The Gundam Miniatures Game is a homebrew conversion of the Classic Battletech system. Each player uses a 1/200 or 1/144 miniature to represent their mobile suit, and alternate turns moving and firing their weapons. The last man standing wins. Non-player characters frequently show up to make things interesting; last year, the playing field was littered with fin funnels firing at wayward players and creating impenetrable barriers, and a super robot, Dangaioh, making sure that all players were playing fair.

I hope someone steps up to run the event if I can't make it; last year, it was a blast, and there was enough interest that we ran out of miniatures and had to turn people away unless they could provide their own.