Tragedy Looper

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
tim_p
Getting the hang of this...

Tragedy Looper

Post by tim_p »

Tragedy Looper is a board game by the Japanese designer BakaFire, that's basically like Higurashi/Umineko in game form. Each time you play with a unique script, run by a Mastermind against 1-3 protagonists. The Mastermind knows all the script's secrets, while the protagonists know nothing...and will definitely die! Every time the protagonists lose, though, they get to loop back in time and try again from the start, with more knowledge each time. It's a really unique game of deducting and bluffing.

I'll be bringing my copy, and hoping to run a game through however the game room's sign-ups work. I've also created a custom expansion based on the visual novel Umineko no Naku Koro ni, with custom scripts, character cards, and locations, which I'd love to test out!
ganthercage
I'm new!

Re: Tragedy Looper

Post by ganthercage »

wow impressive
Hoss
I'm new!

Re: Tragedy Looper

Post by Hoss »

It's definitely a blast to play. There's a lot of strategizing and reading ahead involved, both of which my group enjoy quite a bit. I'm not really big into deep strategy games, however, and I still enjoy it a lot.