Roleplaying games this year

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Roleplaying games this year

Post by Onipuck »

As per usual, the official Anime Boston website has absolutely nothing about the live-gaming stuff, and I was wondering if anyone knew of anything like the Shadowrun thing from last year, or the Pathfinder society showing up this year?
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Re: Roleplaying games this year

Post by Onipuck »

Time to resurrect this question.

Because every year, the website is horrible at giving any clue as to what the live gaming situation is.
Keldeo
Getting the hang of this...

Post by Keldeo »

I’m a bit into life gaming and I’d be curious to see what’s going on or possibly organize something!
AB 2019 cosplay lineup:

Friday : Luminary (Dragon Quest XI)
Saturday : Arvis (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)
Sunday : Red (Pokemon)
tehscribbles
AB Staff

Post by tehscribbles »

We do have a live gaming room! Once the schedule comes out you've be able to see what events are going on in the room. You can check out lasts year's schedule for examples of what went on. (Republic Ballroom A and B).
Kate-lyn Skribiski Gingerich (Scribbles)
Programming Logistics Coordinator
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

tehscribbles wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 pm We do have a live gaming room! Once the schedule comes out you've be able to see what events are going on in the room. You can check out lasts year's schedule for examples of what went on. (Republic Ballroom A and B).
It's nice to know it's in the same area again, the year when it was in the hotel across the road was a bit of a hassle.
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

Say, does anyone know if there's gonna be DnD for certain this weekend?
dekall
AB Alumni

Post by dekall »

Hey Onipuck!

We will definitely have D&D 5e sessions going in the mornings each day between 10-2, run by me. I don't know what other RPGs may be running at other times.
Ian Ashland

Con Row Guy for PCM, 2014-2019.
Live Gaming Staff 2018-2020! :shock:
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

dekall wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm Hey Onipuck!

We will definitely have D&D 5e sessions going in the mornings each day between 10-2, run by me. I don't know what other RPGs may be running at other times.
My DnD group at home has been playing some 5e lately, and I got some of the books in PDF format, if I bring them on my tablet and some blank character sheets, I can help people make their own characters, if that would be alright.
Jj Jr
I'm new!

Post by Jj Jr »

I want to run the Konosuba trpg game

Hit me up if interested
Nixnix617@yahoo.com
Jj Jr
I'm new!

Post by Jj Jr »

Why is this so hard to set up a game at this event. And the staff is absolutely incompetent
ksmurf
AB Executive

Post by ksmurf »

We are working diligently with our programming partners to finalize the details of tabletop roleplay at Anime Boston 2024. We thank you for your patience as we prepare that information for public release.

In addition to the content planned by our partners, we welcome attendees who would like to run one-off sessions in our Tabletop Roleplay Room, provided space is available. Similar to the pre-planned content, details are forthcoming and should be on the website soon.

We encourage individuals to reach out in the late summer or early fall if there's interest in coordinating larger multi-table or multi-day events as that is when most of our planning occurs. Unfortunately, we usually don't have the additional resources to introduce something new on that scale 2 or 3 months out from the convention. Thank you for your understanding and please don't hesitate to reach out via the Contact Us form with any questions!
Alison Bird
Director of Programming 2024