Riichi Mahjong @AB2016

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Nanasen
I'm new!

Riichi Mahjong @AB2016

Post by Nanasen »

Is there a suitable place to play mahjong at Anime Boston? (A square table) I saw a couple old posts about mahjong, but does anyone know if it happened? If it's happening again this year, I'd love to join! I have a few sets and am willing to teach Riichi Mahjong. If you're a mahjong player or want to learn, let me know and we can try to set up a play session!
tim_p
Getting the hang of this...

Re: Riichi Mahjong @AB2016

Post by tim_p »

I'd be down to play! I have another friend who might be interested (although she's only going one day and I'm not sure which). I've played riichi online a lot, though I might need some refreshers since I usually play a different rule set in person (Zung Jung)

I feel like there's gotta be some square tables around somewhere, but can't be certain. Either way, from my experience it's not impossible to play mahjong on the long tables I know the Live Gaming room has. You just gotta angle the walls like a diamond.
Nanasen
I'm new!

Post by Nanasen »

Cool! I will bring a set. When would be a good time to play? I may have some friends who can play as well.
LegendofMyth
Experienced Poster

Post by LegendofMyth »

Definitely down. I'm awful at counting score though. xD
tim_p
Getting the hang of this...

Post by tim_p »

I created a Doodle poll for this. Basically, you can vote on which time slots you're free, and see which time works for the most people:

http://doodle.com/poll/qkp2faaiiypt8mbr

I'd probably lean towards 4:00 PM on any day...it seems like that time's kinda deader for scheduled events.
Nanasen
I'm new!

Post by Nanasen »

Depending on what they have scheduled in the live gaming (and other events I want to go to), I guess I'll try to be there in the afternoon every day. Maybe start around 1 or 2pm. If there's interest then I wouldn't mind playing in the evening as well.