Fire Emblem Cipher

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
aozoranokiseki
Getting the hang of this...

Fire Emblem Cipher

Post by aozoranokiseki »

Is anyone familiar with the Fire Emblem card game Cipher that released this past year? It would be awesome to set up a meeting time for people to play it together!
Faithful AB attendee since 2005!
tim_p

Re: Fire Emblem Cipher

Post by tim_p »

I'm a big fan of Fire Emblem and CCGs, but I've never played it. I'd love to learn if you were willing to teach and have more than one deck, though!

So are there English translations of all the Japanese cards? Do you just refer back to the translation? I got a few of the Tanto Cuore expansions back when they were Japanese only, and someone had made really handy translation paste-ins for them. Basically, you could print and cut out a sheet of little slips of paper with the translated English text and slide it in with the sleeves.
bowZachan
Experienced Poster

Post by bowZachan »

This is super outdated, but to bring it back for 2019: myself and my spouse are both really into cipher and are wondering if anyone would be into the idea of casual battles/learning how to play? The cards are in Japanese, so it's a little tricky for us to be translating every single one for an event, but there are translations online that we'd allow people to use to navigate playing. :0

I also should note that I don't have any exp about where/how setting these up works, but if there's enough interest...?
It's Sowen time (day pending, likely saturday?)
Keldeo

Post by Keldeo »

I own some cipher cards, and learning how to play has been in my bucket list for a while. I’d love to meet some players and pick up the game.
AB 2019 cosplay lineup:

Friday : Luminary (Dragon Quest XI)
Saturday : Arvis (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)
Sunday : Red (Pokemon)
bowZachan
Experienced Poster

Post by bowZachan »

I sent an email out! There seems to be no qualms about there being a small group setting up for a few games (so long as it doesn't conflict with any events in the room). Thus, if there's people who want to play cipher, the means are available! I should prooobably mention that I'm likely not going to bring more than whatever deck I decide to bring...for the safety of my cards, since a lot of them are v important to me.
Keldeo wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:49 pm I own some cipher cards, and learning how to play has been in my bucket list for a while. I’d love to meet some players and pick up the game.
I saw you post in the cosplay forum too..! If I do bring my cards, maybe I can show you a few things?
It's Sowen time (day pending, likely saturday?)
Keldeo

Post by Keldeo »

bowZachan wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:25 pm
I saw you post in the cosplay forum too..! If I do bring my cards, maybe I can show you a few things?
That would be awesome! I’ll be looking forward to it!
AB 2019 cosplay lineup:

Friday : Luminary (Dragon Quest XI)
Saturday : Arvis (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)
Sunday : Red (Pokemon)