A question about con DnD

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

A question about con DnD

Post by Onipuck »

Was anyone thinking about having a DnD session at Anime Boston?
I ask, because last year I got into a random one, and it was pretty fun.
crazyg
I'm new!

Re: A question about con DnD

Post by crazyg »

depends, do you have any specific flavor you like to play, I'm thinking about doing some first edition stuff.
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

Well, the only version that I've ever played was 3.5, but if you can scrounge up some first edition players, I might give it a shot.

Although, you'll have to tell me what's allowed and what isn't.
CTCon_Troll
Getting the hang of this...

Post by CTCon_Troll »

There will be 4th Edition, Moldvey/Cook Basic, and Dungeon Crawl Classic being ran throughout the weekend. If I have the time, I may expand my Basic D&D game to other slots. If you dig Pathfinder Society, rumor has it that the PFS peeps will be in attendance too
James Carpio
2012 Live Gaming Organizer
2013 Live Gaming Organizer

Connecticon Analog Gaming Director 2010-2013
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

I don't suppose you'd be so kind as to share something akin to a time-table, or schedule for these games?
Or at the very least, tell me where I'd be able to find this info out during the con(I don't have a laptop or any other portable online device, so aside from a cellphone I keep on me for emergencies, I'm without non-personal communication the entire weekend).

Also, what's the Pathfinder Society?
CTCon_Troll

Post by CTCon_Troll »

Hi Onipuck!

We are still waiting for the webmaster to post the times. Each of the game slots will have an RPG available to play and there will be many to choose from. If the Webmaster does not get this up by mid week, I will dig up the rough schedule and post it here.

Pathfinder Society is an Organized play group that runs the RPG Pathfinder. Pathfinder is what D&D 3.5 evolved into once WotC gave up the game back in 07-08.
James Carpio

Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

Ah, okay.

Also, I have had some experience with pathfinder's mechanics before(in a rather haphazard attempt at starting an online RPG group, it was based on ponies, because that's how we knew each other), but would the Pathfinder Society games allow player-made characters?
I ask, because I remember hearing about some groups that actually frown on someone bringing in their own characters.

Also, if this is allowed, mind telling me what would sort of things would be allowed, and what sort of restrictions would be placed on the characters(such as starting level, money, social limitations[such as what races are and aren't allowed, as well as classes], and other things such as this)?
CTCon_Troll

Post by CTCon_Troll »

Pathfinder Society is an Organized Play group. You have your own characters, but they must have been brought up through PFS play. While controlled, it allows for game balance and a shared story line.

Most of the games will be Pre-Generated characters. While this may not appeal to all players, it allows the GM to keep a consistent story line and not have to worry about fitting in or rejecting characters
James Carpio

Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

Ah, okay, that makes sense.
Onipuck
Veteran Poster

Post by Onipuck »

Looks like I'll either have to find online groups, or wait until the next AB to play in the PFS again...