LARP War

Collectable Card Games (CCG), Role Playing Games (RPG), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), and tabletop games are covered by this forum.
chibikakashi0101
Veteran Poster

LARP War

Post by chibikakashi0101 »

Im not sure if we could do this but I would honestly love if everyone with a sword [or really any type of weapon] just fought in one giant war, like if any of you have seen the movie Rolemodels. I think it would be alot of fun. I'm open to any and all ideas like where we could hold it.
YokoKuwabara
Experienced Poster

LARP War

Post by YokoKuwabara »

This is a good idea. I'm not sue, but maybe we could do it in the area outside of the food court. I'm not sure if we could, but I feel like doing it outside would be our best bet.
BioShocker
I'm new!

LARP War

Post by BioShocker »

I'm in! Are there any restrictions on weapons, other than live steel of course?
BDragonD24
Committed Poster

LARP War

Post by BDragonD24 »

All weapons at the convention are subject to the following policy: http://animeboston.com/about/weapons/ Please be sure that anything you are considering bringing adheres to those guidelines.
Faolan
Expert Poster

LARP War

Post by Faolan »

a LARp War you say? Awesome. I'll see if i can get the lightning bolt larper of internet and Tosh.0 fame to come.
Malifact
I'm new!

LARP War

Post by Malifact »

Commissar Vern here. If there's any form of LARP combat going on during the 23rd, I'll be there.
Yammark
Determined Poster

LARP War

Post by Yammark »

do want
Yamma!
chibikakashi0101
Veteran Poster

LARP War

Post by chibikakashi0101 »

@ bioshocker: I was thinking foam weapons, seeing as how wood or plastic would hurt...

@ BDragon: thanks for that list.. it actualy helped me figure out some cosplay things.
Aurabolt
I'm Special!

LARP War

Post by Aurabolt »

...Why not just make it a Flash Mob?

It would make for GREAT AB Advertising ^_^
Serene Adventure on Wordpress
Aurabolt's Anime Blog

Attendee from 2010 to 2018. Ran multiple panels at AB from 2012 to 2016. Plans to return as a panelist in 2025 or 2026!

...All-around nice guy. Please subscribe to both blogs, especially the second one for Anime and Manga-related news or updates ^_^
Yammark
Determined Poster

LARP War

Post by Yammark »

LARP war...
danger is closer to you than you thing, for society has a struggle within, so GET YER BATTLE AXES, freshly forged!
XD
I joke.

I dont think Ill have the time to participate in such a war...
Yamma!
smoagendash
Veteran Poster

LARP War

Post by smoagendash »

BAD IDEA.

AnimeBoston's weapon policy is rather strict:

"Anime Boston Staff will ask any attendee found in possession of a potential weapon, that has not been peace bonded by Security, to take it to Security Headquarters for approval. Anyone who has a weapon or prop that could possibly viewed as dangerous (even a little bit) needs to visit Security headquarters to have it approved and, if necessary, peace bound.

Peace bonding means that you allow us to put a bright-colored plastic tie on your "weapon" indicating that it has been judged relatively harmless and/or is being bound into a holder of some sort that renders it so. These ties can only be removed by cutting them, making it obvious if tampering should occur, Security will deal with repeated offenses accordingly, up to and including ejection from the convention without refund.

Any weapons that are not approved and/or cannot be peace bound, will be held in the AB Security headquarters office until you leave the convention or can be stored in the safety of your hotel room or vehicle. Each item will be judged individually.

Horseplay of any kind, whether participants are consenting parties or not, with weapons will not be tolerated. All persons involved may be penalized depending upon the nature or severity of the offense. All complaints of behavior of this nature will be dealt with immediately by Anime Boston Staff/Security."

In short, a boffer war flash mob will, at the least, very likely get you kicked out of the convention.

I am closing this topic.